4 Large Ripe Garden Fresh Tomatoes (diced)
4 Ripe Garden Fresh San Marzano Tomatoes (crushed)
2 Garden Fresh Sweet Banana Peppers (roasted, if desire smoky flavor)
2 Garden Fresh Jalapeño Pepper (remove seeds & membrane)
1 Garden Fresh Onion (diced)
1/4 cup of Garden Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
1 large Garlic Clove (crushed)
1 Fresh Tree Picked Lime, Squeezed (I roll my lime on a table then poke a tiny hole squeeze for juice)
Sea Salt to taste
• Add all ingredients to the blender or food processor.
• If using a blender, start on slow then quick blend until the desired blend.
• If using a food processor, pulse just until the ingredients are finely diced.
• Refrigerate before serving.
• May keep up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
While using similar and often the same ingredients, pico de gallo is going to be a chunkier version of salsa. Salsa is more liquid do to blending the tomatoes. Pico de gallo is not made in a blender or food processor and is made by dicing up the ingredients. Note: May substitute all garden-fresh ingredients with store-bought or canned. 15 ounces crushed San Marzano tomatoes (1 can) 4.5 ounces diced green chiles, mild, medium, or hot (1 can) Submitted by Pauline Webber