Enough fruit to fill your pie tin
3/4 cup of sugar
2 TBS Lemon juice
4 TBS cornstarch
Pie crust of your choice- make one or buy one
• Put fruit in a pan, add sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Heat until just comes to a boil and thickens up.
• Cool the filling before filling pie crust.
• Brush some milk on top of the pie crust, or use an egg wash to help the crust brown. You can also use a sparkling sugar on top of the crust, to add shine, sparkle and crunch. King Authur’s makes it or get it at Sur La Tab.
• Fill crust and bake at 425 on a hot, preheated cookie sheet for about 20 minutes, then turn down to 350 and cook an addition 30-40 minutes until desired brown on the top of the pie.
Variations if desired:
• Add peach snapps or a liqueur to your pie filling
• Add a little brown sugar to pie filling
• Add some butter to the pie filling before baking.
Submitted by Lori Kilmer